Friday, September 3, 2021

Hairy Footprints

I've never said that I believe that they exist
No matter what has been said
No matter what you've been told
What I've said is quite different in tone
I said
"There are things we don't know,
At least not yet"
People are welcome to disagree.
And of course they will.
Until they find the body
Of something mysterious that is now dead
Or they photograph Hairy Footprints in the snow
Whatever you say about anything
Leaves you open to enemy attack
And allows their vile opinions to grow
You will be an idiot in their view
And if they find you are correct
They'll find a way to make the truth all of their very own.
I don't need to repeat my views
I don't need to make a case.
The proof of anything, will be questioned
And every lie they believe inside will become true.