Saturday, September 18, 2021

White Horse

I dreamt that I rode a white horse
But it wasn't one of the four
Who beckon the final times
My great companion was driven
To reach the end of our world
Before time's sands ran dry
And before my heart expired
We were followed by a fire
That cast smoke across the horizon
Like that of a well stoked pyre
It rose into the sky like a rocket
As civilization burned
All our legacies ruined
And I saw the end
We'd destroyed everything
We let loose weapons of power
And now our buildings
And all that we had built
Had fallen, had decayed
And no one cared
For there were no more humans
But the world still turned
Every day
Every hour
Every minute
Every second
We are not necessary
We are just parts of the dream
We could have reached paradise
But instead our dream turned nightmare