Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Exquisite Dreams

There are some said to be prophetic
Sharing exquisite dreams of the end
With deeply elaborated stories
A concentrated toxic madness
Why not imagine instead paradise
Will our hopes will be dashed again
Will we continue to confuse destiny
For a fully written long waiting fate
Perhaps by ignoring our legacies
Our foolishness grows into fears
And our good dreams then suffocate
If defeat happens, it will be nothing new
Failure has been our constant friend
This is an intellectual battle to be won
And I will go forward still
Ever to the next horizon
Where the sun rises and never sets
Where all spirits will become one
I believe there will be a paradise
Where I will drag my hand through
The wheat in Elysium's field
I believe we will overcome
And this life will be transformed
From sorrow and gloom
To hope and joy
And I stand transfixed
Waiting for the moment
When all become one