Thursday, July 29, 2021

Sorry I can't Smile

I'd love to be able to say
I am happy and I'm hopeful
With every single day
But I've never been
Able to see the sun
Upon the opposite horizon
And its rise
Announcing a new day
With any sense of hope
Or even happiness
I live here
With a sorrow
It never relents
I have to wear a disguise
I wear a mask to survive
To get through each moment
Forgetting the torment
Forgetting the fears and pain
And that voice
Calling me to suicide
I can't promise for long
Too deep here
In this final masquerade
This life has a legacy of its own
One of disaster
Missed opportunities
Everything gone wrong
I'd love to be able to say
I've got everything I need
But I can't hide the fact
I am dying with every breath
My heart bleeds
And I hear the call
Of Death calling my name
So I kill the pain
However I can
Waiting for the sun to rise
Again
I try to live a new day
Starting over