Monday, July 26, 2021

Woven truths

A manifestly singular manner about them
How they bled and mixed their meanings
Weaving the permanent and sacred words
Providing a window of joy or epic sadness
Their creation was a sort of poetic zen
With Percy's plague of waking dreams
Lord Byron's flawed heroes and swords
Perfect economy in WCW's Red Wagon
And with Ezra, such an exquisite madness
When I read their words I entered freely
Into the most splendid, luxurious palace
And my feeble mind was left reeling
From a determined profound contagion 
That has never left me, while I shall die 
Words that I write will fall ever forward
And they themselves will be never dying


“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: 
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!” 
― Percy Bysshe Shelley

“They never fail who die in a great cause.” 
― George Gordon, Lord Byron

“Time is a storm in which we are all lost.” 
― William Carlos Williams

“It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial
indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse.” 

― Ezra Pound