Saturday, July 31, 2021

No worries

As I've no regrets
I'm quite happy to leave
No need for rescue
If my heart stops
No need to worry
Thanks, no, I'd rather die
I could live all over again
And never see peace
I'd rather pass
Than live a million lives
Over again
Dump me now
In the cold blessed ground
With a deep hole
Dug properly deep
Inside for me
With all my secrets keep
The darkness, cold and wet
Protected
By an oblong pine box
Oh yes I'll forever sleep
Undreaming, unworried
Just think of the relief
No more sorrow
No more pain
No more torment
God blesses me
With the knowledge
That the end is not the end
This life is not the one we get
I'd not take a chance to live again
If in the end I'd remain here
And my soul escape
My soul cannot be sold
It lives forever
I won't be here but a moment
As I prepare to be freed
This world, this flesh is old
And the spirit ever renews