Sunday, December 19, 2021

Sitting Outside in the Rain

Tears couldn't extinguish the flames of hurt
That well up inside me I can't call it hate
Nor anger, I'm not allowed that
You called me fat, ugly, stupid, worthless
From day one with you I wanted to just die
There's more to life than love
Than the coupling with someone
And certainly not with you
Never happy with me
To you I was a disease
You said I was toxic
If you loved me, how could I know
Couldn't have killed me better with a gun
I've tried over time to forgive you
For everything
You have good aspects about you
But never shared them with me
I am ready to leave this world
And with a clear mind
You think the fault was mine
I'll let you decide
You aim all the fault
Directly at my diseased brain
You never forgave my being
Now I just wait in the cold rain
Wondering why I bother
Did you still think I was a stain?
Worthless, stupid and fat?
You made it known I wasn't welcome
Or do you not remember that
It is done, let me just leave
I'd hate for you to think hope remains
I'll leave instead as I'd rather move on
Cold and empty
While sitting in the rain