Sunday, December 5, 2021

Love Lifts You

What if I had nothing to offer, but you took me in
And you give kindness as if it were free
You're an anomaly, with beautiful songs within
Smiling, offering me those reasons to believe
Yours is an elegant, intricate, even perfect way
At the end of the chase, I am given hope
For to endure a lifetime of pain
I'd lost all ability to cope
You stepped into my life
From the distant horizon
Gave me something I didn't have
An ability to go on
Without such pain in my mind
That is something I never had
And wouldn't have done so
Without you
And without you I'd be gone
Unable to move along
Trapped in the mire, in the clay
There is only despair and mindless rage
You freed me from the pit
You gave me care
You gave me everything
In a world of nowhere
In a lifetime with nothing there
I found the path beneath my feet
Because you gave me reason to believe