Sunday, December 12, 2021

I'll Not Be Allowed In

I believe that other people are as bad
I am forever hungry, greedy, vile
And others grieve the inner flaws
They become as hurt and as sad
In the end, perhaps they, too, repent
But I have fears that I'll be damned
For the actions where I was the cause
A darkness in me exists, it never ends
It haunts and devours with no relent
I trust in God, but I also know
By the way that my life has gone
The misery has ever flowed
I've been a disaster, lost with no hope
My flaws burst through the barriers
As a raging river that floods the land
All I see is how I should be damned
I'm responsible for what happened
I've caused pain and sorrow in others
The flaw is in me, it completely covers
Please forgive me God, for my fears
I made choices that caused tears
The Gates of Heaven will be closed
The creator of the universe knows
I'm not worthy, I can't be made good
I'll not be allowed in the everlasting
God knows my heart, I am understood
Only one can see right through me
I've a legacy of sin crimson red
I won't be redeemed
Not even when I am dead