Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Even if you are with someone else, I am happy for you

I saw you holding hands with your child
Just a short while ago
I might've wanted to be there
In a time past
But life gave us a different path
Still, it really made me smile
You've given others happiness
Wherever you go
A spirit in you so powerful
Joy is a feeling that is rare
You have so much that you glow
You can't help but share
I'm happy to see you thriving
Giving to others in need
I know, you did that for me
And while I miss you
I've not been jealous
Being with you
Was when I first felt alive
I didn't see our end as a failure
Just a moment of life
Where two people once together
Were now going to live apart
Living different lives
I'm doing ok, fine, whatever
This isn't about me but I do still care
Seeing you reminded me
Of all the things I've learned
And now, even if life isn't fair
I know you are exactly that
You feel the pain of the hunger
And you find a way to feed them
You feel the hurt of the wounded
And find some way to heal them
You think of the things with empathy
You are life itself joyful, hopeful
I just thought I'd let you know
Now that I remembered
I wanted to say that in case I forget
Or, as I reach old age
I won't see you again
But the appreciation in me
Towards you
Remains