Monday, October 18, 2021

A Raven Spoke to Me

After she passed I was distraught
I had to understand I was alone
After the funeral I was exhausted
So I sat watching the sunset in silence
I thought I was alone there as I waited
My sorrow great, my world had died
A massive fire of a sun was defeated
As it sunk quietly below the horizon
Darkness rose, the clouds faded
Ink black richness permeated night
The moon was bright, giving shadows
A raven landed and seemed conceited
It freely offered me enlightenment
It spoke in a tongue I understood
It said No one waits for the final day
Who will have a chance to see that
Mists that obscure vision won't decay
So you'll be blinded in any event
But ultimately it is a meaningless
For it is the journey that matters
To begin or to end offer closure
Neither actually mean a thing
When one is finding the truth
Journey is the one thing
That makes each of us whole
What you do will affects
Who you become
All who watch from afar
Aappreciate both aspects
Comfort in beginning and end
Day comes the burning sun
Every night the moon has a role
So be content as life goes onward
Constancy gives us perspective
But living the moment or event
There's truth you can actually know
Take an effort to heal your soul
It is worth your time and investment