Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Noise

When you left me behind
Again, it was then
That you made your choice
I endured, I even survived
I had to overcome pain
I had nothing to lose
Your choice freed me
Your words are empty
I refuse to listen
All there is now is noise
You came offering gifts
Asking to be forgiven
You'll never find an answer
Even by begging
You're a coward
I won't listen to your voice
You made your decision
So live by that
Not interested in you
In making your life better
I exist regardless
Your confession is meaningless
Understand me, I'm not your toy
Stop harming me physically
And leave my emotions alone
You're not worth the pain
That you have caused
I refuse to accept it
Don't want any more
I have surely been mistaken
Even if quite often
Perhaps I am ugly and wrong
You made me aware of my flaws
As you forced me to live with yours
And trust that is over
I'm finished with that