Thursday, October 21, 2021

I exist, I will persist

The prophet is also often a pariah
Hated for the message, doomed as a messenger
Inside of my mind will be found only resistance
Against the evil, vile forces surrounding me
I watch now at them closing in upon me
I'm destined to be their pariah, an outsider
If I've been led to a place to be shunned, ignored
Hated as well as scorned, my absence welcomed
It is due to them deciding to see me bleed
Those who see my being as a blemish, an obstacle
Filled with a darkness and they hate, even fear
Because time will end as well as every being
We are created of impermanence
For death happens to everything
We are created by order, broken by entropy
As the darkness grows, revels in moments lost
Watching as the hours pass, sole relief in sleep
The precious land of dream comforts
They seek to take away my mind
They long to steal my power
But I refuse, because I have been redeemed
Their drive to destroy me leads to one thing
I have persistence, I exist, my will endures
I refuse the doom that they have beckoned
Hoping to someday devour me
Because I possess a heart
Filled with resistance, and persistence
And I know I can endure