Sunday, May 23, 2021

Yes there is love, but no

I realize it has shown
It comes then as no surprise
I love you sincerely
You are a sparkle in my eyes
My adoration shows through
Genuine affection does that
I can't be more than that, though
More than what you've known
Love is a wildfire if one allows
It consumes fuel, from any source
And if you are careless
It will grow and grow
It will cremate you
Destroy everything
There is no greater message
I mean to send because I love you
But only as a friend
I admire your intellect and your being
But if you force me
Everything will end
And despite my admiration
I will have to enter isolation
Because you knew my boundaries
From the start
I am anything but careless
In the matters of the heart
I consider myself to be a knight
From the order of the White Rose
My love for you is innocent
It runs deeply through me
And I won't allow that love to be bent
No matter how it works
I have to be honorable to my word