Monday, May 10, 2021

Tempted

In a time of my physical weakness
She approached me, sending messages
Trying to lure me in, to her garden within
She offered me all of her body
Promising to me her love
I said no and then she called me gay
Saying that I'd never be enough
But nothing had changed
In between the time she offered
And that of my refusal
So her words were empty
I didn't want to lose my everything
Or to see my life squandered
Her words were meant to hurt,
But they weren't at all deadly
Oh yes she was beautiful
Blessed with great charm
She was exquisite in form
But to love her
Would've negated my soul
Loving her would bring me harm
She passed through my defenses
And that will leave me haunted
Because I was a fool
I didn't give in, no I did not
I didn't throw away everything
Just so that I would be wanted
I'll be healing after being burned
I'll also be ready for she will be back
I know her curse will return
She'll not get close, for I am prepared
She might tell me I was wrong
And tell me that I need her
But I have all I need at home
Someone who cares for my being
Who I'd be a fool to ever leave