Sunday, May 23, 2021

Kiss Me, My Lord

I've experienced difficult choices to make
Receiving the punishments and shame
With no expectations of mercy
Acts of greed, of selfish need
Some crimes receive absolution
I've no reason to expect a thing
I'll receive no such gentle grace
With all that's happening
You must know, the end has begun
I promise you I know how I will twist
As I sway in the wind I'll be called pollution
A toxic stain upon the empire's human face
He will be broken for that I am chosen
No others are willing to conform
But I was given a command
And I consider myself a soldier
For we are at war
I have a duty to fulfill
I'm both a rebel and a fool
Kiss my rabbi and betray a man
And my deed will have been done
I've been given 30 shekels
Don't be confused, I do understand
I know this labor well that I'm about to perform
My name will be traitor for generations
But I seek no forgiveness
For I've been allowed to achieve an end
What I did was not for my benefit
But for that of the movement
I will never return home
I will be hated for millennia
But I've achieved by my one simple act
Something no other rebel or politician has
By my one act I will sow the seeds
That will destroy Rome
Forever