Monday, May 3, 2021

Fair Elysium

Have I come this far to meet you,
  Only to discover
        My fate was long since known
Mysteries I've yet to uncover
     Remain sealed
I believe that destiny is a lie
  And my hope has flown
Now without you
I have nothing
   And since you decided to go
I've lost all reason to break through
Place the coins on my eyes
    To pay the Charon's toll
Never as a disguise
Watching me please realize
   When my soul is carried upon a boat
   Through the realms of Hades
Landing upon the shore of Elysium
       I still hope to meet you there
   When my day is done
Someday I'll try
And when we meet
     We'll drink the nectar
And all of the wines
Offered in this fair place
  Walking through the fields
     Bursting with mature wheat
  As the gentle winds wash over me
As the summer sun's waves pour down
  In the fields of fair Elysium
        There we'll meet
         Upon this sacred ground