Monday, May 10, 2021

The Love Desert Cannot Bloom

Loving you was a journey through a parched desert
With you I was empty, but for an aching constant thirst
You gave no hope, no reason to trust, no, much worse
Bound by my own oath sworn words, I was then yours
I had promised not to be bound by my flesh and lust
And I was left with need, hunger, sorrow and pain
The bone dry desert took me down, then broke me
Mine was a life without love, flesh without water
The desert journey wounded and sorrowed my soul
It didn't kill me, but soon I became a monster
Lost and alone, driven by hunger, pain took control
There's nothing left in me, nothing worth fighting for
Love deserts are empty places, filled with the dead
The savage winds and sand cover the bodies
With no source of life, it is a bloodless slaughter
I begged for a drink, so you punched my face
You bit my lips, and laughed in a dramatic fashion
You couldn't conceal your scorn, and you said
Just drink the blood, and then gave me a kiss
Sending me away from your presence
To a wasteland where I was surprised
By the life so abundant
After a life of bitter emptiness