Saturday, May 1, 2021

Where Tears Don't Cry

I heard you call out for salvation
I couldn't help, my heart was empty
As I walked into the black space
Knowing I suffered from starvation
Emotional hunger, lack of empathy
My focus was aimed at my rage
I had created the desolation
That caused my frustration
I'd ignored all chances to love
Thinking I'd never get enough
Refusing to give even a part of me
Led me to create my own tragedy
Walking in a desert, parched, rainless
I blamed God for my thirst
But he was blameless
It was my choice and I'd lost my voice
From my endless screaming at the sky
Hating life, I knew then
That my disease was alive
I had wanted to die
I live, but there are times
When I would prefer to be
Living in the spirit realm
Or forever asleep
In comforting dream
Where the world fades from view
Where I finally get to renew
And I never worry
Where tears don't cry