Saturday, January 15, 2022

Falling Through

A madman wrote
"Falling downward
Through the veil
Of venom and lace
My spirit already in starvation
Falling through the surface
Crashing into the emptiness
Below the limits of my reach
My flesh in stagnation
Broken, my body made lame
I was just an abandoned husk
Shell of the man I needed to be
Begging damnation
A living world as my killing ground
Where the dead are not buried
They still walk and speak
A soul in negation
In this world I hear no sound
I am breaking, and harried
Staring into darkness I scream
Realizing there, in that place
Nothing will ever save me
From myself
I must not care
Pull the veil back
Restore the cover
Close the portal
For it is worse in my imagination
Or perhaps I desire it to be
For my mind is far too bent
To even despair
My punishment made worse
Because I believed
In only the things I could perceive"