Saturday, January 8, 2022

Dead Bodies For Charon

With one sip from the fire-hose, I take it all in
It's my taste of a flood that defines me
That tells the story of my miserable life
It's a nightmare, deep, lost in darkest dreams
When a scent of death is carried by the wind
A sickly sweet smell that permeates my mind
This rot is begun, flesh shredded by machine
The toxic, black air burns, I refuse to breathe
A world of flames, a rage that won't be tamed
Oblivion beckons, until we change our ways
Charon guides his boat in the fetid haze
He is prepared, ready for the trip
His boat will be filled with souls
To be taken across the Styx
Death approaches me and gives me a kiss
My destiny and fate become entwined
From Death we'll learn
There is no more time
Spilling all of the pristine vintage
Of the highest quality of wine
Unable to restore life
Nor give you more
An emptied flask
The flesh are dead at the core