Monday, April 12, 2021

For this I Resist

I walked away from the wreck
My body bleeding and broken
I gave over my spirit
To the maker
I was ready
My oath spoken
I've been exhausted
Tired of playing a game
Where every time I turn
He was there, and smiled
An adversary chased me
Through out this life
He declared his intention
To possess my life
He followed me so jealously
Survival began in the womb
It could have been my tomb
So deep with danger
It was then he'd chosen me
Thinking I was lost
In the depth of darkness
But then mercy fell like rain
From on high, I was not marked to die
Nor to become a martyr or a sacrifice
I escaped that fate, there was no doom
The adversary tried to plan everything
He longed to see me damned
For he so hated my life
As he began speaking
In quiet voice he said to me
Desperately, silently, so softly
'This rebellion you've born
Trust me, it will not last
You must accept your fate
You flesh becomes weak
Your body will decay
Your grave awaits
Oh dead man, why do you run
Can you outrun me, rebel?
Your day is done
I will chase you
If I must, all the way to Hell
You can't escape'
Technically it was correct
But we are all given this
We all lose to the hourglass
Never able to gain time
The greedy try to hold on
But they never get more
Can draw no deeper breath
Time did not matter to me
Once I'd been forgiven
Here I took my stand
I'd rebelled in the enemy's land
I refused to bow before him
The adversary demanded to know
How and why I had endured
All the years in the mines
Performing mindless labors
That's when fate demanded
Each dream I had
Every hope in my life
I chose to endure
I chose rebellion
He had declared me damned
His greatest hope entropy
But it affects all things
I do not fear it
He wants to prevent me
From creating a legacy
To take the ink inside me
From my broken mind
For it is burning metal
It burns in me
I am bleeding inside
I don't belong here
My legacy is survival
I am aware that I am an orphan
This life was meant to be lived
It was woven and created
Specifically, for me
Knowing now, all that I've done
Knowing how, as the is fade is begun
From the first bite, I knew it was over
I may be a pariah yet I remain
Life ends, this is the cause of entropy
Pristine order decays into abject chaos
A grave, still awaits
A grave stone planted, for me
Look in that hole in the cold earth
At the stone, those words seek to curse
But look again adversary
The grave is empty
And will remain that way
I know that I'm dead
I need no clemency
For my flesh will die
It will need no amnesty
As it and everything
Fades into nothing 
Falling into the spiral of time
But the spirit lingers
There is more than this
I know the truth, so I resist
So much more than the darkness
There is light and I embrace it