Sunday, April 4, 2021

Don't

If I reach for your hand
Will I catch you before the fall
The depths of despair have an allure
But ledges are narrow
And fear is shallow
If I call for your voice
Will you let me speak before you leap
I'd face every mystery
All the fathoms of the deep
I'd endure for you
To give you hope you don't yet have
You are not broken
You've not been given a final form
You are the chosen
At least my chosen
I know you are feeling cold
And I need to make you warm
Will stay until you are
Together We can
Bear the burden of the storm
We can fight the despair
I'm going nowhere
Without you I can't go on
So we're stuck right here
Hope is near
I promise
Nothing is written
The future remains
And nothing you can do
Will ever cause me question why
All I know is that I am here
And it's ok to cry
Let me help you through
It is why I live
It is why I forgive
To be with you