Friday, April 2, 2021

For Ever and More

If I love you now, and I do
Please believe me
I'll love you forever
If you think I speak in jest
We've been together
For the length of the drama
Plays featuring tragedies
And of silly comedies
Our life together reveals only
My love is for you and no one else
With a love such that
The world has never seen
You are beauty, a beauty so serene
But I love your heart, and mind
You have a spirit pristine
Energizing a being so kind
You are my heart's only desire
My deepest fire, my greatest dream
In a world of shattered glass
Showered with infinite tears
Know I plan to be here
With so much more in store
For now and ever
I will remain yours
Come here, be near
For all of your days and more
I know that you renew me
Your love allows me
Give me eyes to see
You are love alive
And you make me survive
In a world that hollows me