Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Path We Will Take

What is it that I can tell you
Because I'm sure you know
There is nothing hidden
My life, point of view
I have dreams that grow
But for the pain
For the failures
For the time spent
I am asking
Begging to know
Is happiness forbidden?
With flesh fading, dying
The soul transcendent
Is my journey forsaken?
I keep failing,
I keep trying
With hope relentless
Alone, I am awakened
And so I begin again
With dreams that remain
Even as I desire more than anything
To simply sleep
In a quiet, cool, soft place
Because the journey is long
And my flesh is weak
I expect to die and yet
My soul is a guarantee
I follow a path
Guided by a raven
It reminds me loudly
Of my foolishness
One's soul never dies
Except by conscious act
I watch as my trail is straightened
For the distance to go
Is neither worrisome nor an obstacle
When my flesh is dead
My soul will be far gone
Into a realm far away
Never forsaken
Never mistaken
Each life is given a purpose
It is up to us to find it
And then to choose
The path we take
Guided by raven companions
My journey is never ending
We can walk the entire planet
Our beloved Earth
Knowing we are living every moment
As children of the eternal architect
Of the universe