Friday, November 6, 2020

Questions and Choices

Should I die or should I even bother to live
Should I hate or should I bother to forgive
It's not as easy a choice as you might think
It is a moral quicksand into which I sink
With every moment I wonder my options
Where love is involved, I refuse caution
That's where I am, you needn't wonder
I can't answer, don't ask your question
As I stare off in a daze of pain, torture
Beginning a stream of thought confession
Yes you are correct, I've entered a state
But is it one of evolution, or regression
I can't say, I can't play, I live seriously
And whether it knows that it exists or not
I hereby surrender to the forces of fate
I cannot act, nor retaliate
I surrender

“Confession is not betrayal. What you say or do doesn't matter; only feelings matter. If they could make me stop loving you-that would be the real betrayal.”  George Orwell