Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Mirror says nothing

If I listen carefully, I can hear you crying in the darkness, even though for me it is quiet, I know you wonder what you'd ever done that made him leave? Remember all the things you did to me that I endured because I was still in love. Do you wonder what you could do to get me back? No. It is long since past that.

If you stare at the mirror and scream will you get him to return? No, he won't. I know because I did the same and you didn't come back. I stayed but you wanted me to go. You were so very bored, finished hurting me, finding it a game no longer fun. You mocked my love, saying I wasn't a man.
I said I still loved you. And there was silence.

No, I wasn't the one for you to linger with in the sunshine of summer and glory days.  My crime was to stay after your insults and cheating.  I remained, I was a man in love, sadly with someone who wasn't.

I spent the years waiting for the day when you would find yourself in the exact same place that I was. What you are feeling, I know how it feels. There's nothing I can say to help you understand why,
nor at this point how to learn to believe.