Saturday, November 7, 2020

As I Howl

My memory is composed of a web of confusion
It'd been woven with threads of sorrow and joy
Ethereal and gossamer, yet concrete and driven
A life of mystery with no answers or conclusions
Thrown to the wolves, they took in a young boy
I hunted, and howled, still longing to be forgiven
For wolves are noble, but know that they are wild
With a heart untamed, I'd committed bestial acts
I was flung from the hearth as a young child
And paid for every dream with nightmares
Into the pit I'd been cast
And yet I rose up
I chose to survive
I longed to be loved
So my quest was known
I had to assemble my own tribe
And love led me to do so
My life was won
Over the past and fears
I had overcome
So now I howl
In victory
I howl
For every memory
I howl
For I am alive
Embraced by love
And protection of my kind