Monday, March 29, 2021

I found enough love

Although I endured a lifetime of pain
I chose to keep on living
After you'd left me to ruin
I missed you over my life
You were all I'd known
I could have exposed my wrists
And then used a knife
But I chose a different way
I don't need more strife
Nor take my exit before the time
I have a family and home
I'll leave through that door
When I need a deep soul kiss
That takes me from this place
I have more than I need
Love from my wife
Gave me all I have and will ever have
For love is not enough
You need something more
A constancy, a reality
Words are worthless
Words cannot restore
You must experience joy
To deal with the pain
You must experience hope
To endure the dark days
I have her
I found love
She gave me so much
You once said I should thank you
For all that you had done for me
You were wrong, you always were
For you didn't give me hope
You gave me nothing
And said that's enough