Sunday, September 18, 2022

The King of the Asylum

The choir resounds with the amount of signal to the noise
And that leads me to despairing and fear of everything
Whispered threats, darkness on the horizon, emptiness
In every song, the moment of accusations in every voice
Choir anthems of ruins, of the sorrow, of my sins within
In chaos, asylum denied, I've become a king of madness
My thoughts can't entertain other minds, nor my own
Instead I'll sit in a round room, safely chained, alone
Never worry about me, for I found safety, and quiet
There's nothing to consider, zero chance of a riot
Please relax I'll fade away, as sanity is broken
My mind enters decay, with prayers unspoken
Spending time walking circles until chosen
I will hold court, in the peaceful silence
Upon my throne, with no equal