Thursday, September 1, 2022

Redeem me

I can't remember the last September
In which I was told that I was loved
My soul has long been dismembered
The grueling torment of being unloved
But I still love you, even if unrequited
If unwanted, unappreciated or undesired
I still burn for you, inside me is an inferno
I burn in a soul longing fire
What is there, if not hope?
Being the unchosen
What can I find, if not a goal to finally achieve
So I must ask you, do you love me?
Will you ever love me or need me?
If not, how will I ever believe?
For I can no longer fly
My wings have been broken
As my lips speak the prayers I need to express
All of those feelings trapped within
All my dreams left unspoken
You are now and have always been
The only one I have ever longed for
I enter that dream place, again, and again
Slay my wickedness, give me new resolve
Please let me love you in return
Just say the words I need to hear
I believe that you know the words well
I am already yours
Without you, alone I'll burn
This love inside is fire, unfulfilled
If I burn without you
And it will ever be
Until you say what I need to hear
Those words will redeem me
Unless they remain unheard
As they linger upon your tongue
Unless I hear you say them
Until you say that I'm the one
Please, in your love redeem me
Or just let me finally die alone
Redeem me
Or let my company be my own
I can't go on without knowing,
And yet, I do know, still
Do you love me, or is it time to move on
Have I then created my own Hell
Or have I finally entered oblivion
Please redeem me, you are all I desire
My salvation is completely in your power
Let me be completed, in your love's return
Or this will truly be my final hour