Thursday, September 29, 2022

I am Prisoner of my own Jail

I've waited for you for my salvation and my redemption
I have waited for you to free me from my chains
I've called out your name, as I hunger in spiritual starvation
I count the days in this prison cell, as my isolation remains
I thought my being was called from the deep Abyss
So I wanted more than the angel of Death's kiss
In throes of sorrow I twist, wondering if you hate me
And I know my soul bent in grieving and no bliss
I beg of you, if you listen, I'm sorry for all of my flaws
But you made me, I was made this way, I can't be renewed
My past is unknown to everyone but you and without you
 I will be the cause of my fall, with my dark spirit untamed

“I don't have a thing," Tengo said, "except my soul." "Sounds like
a job for Mephistopheles," she said.”                 Haruki Murakami