Tuesday, September 6, 2022

That Very Magical Place

In an ever magical place, where nothing dies, nor grows old
Take me there, hand in hand, heal my being, dancing in snow
The living world exhausts me, I grieve and time takes a toll
What is left but hoping for the other world, we've no control
We all die, so know peace, my hand in your own, take hold
Know that you're with me, and hold my heart, love my soul
Let us be comforted in that place, for our youth never flees
A realm where life never ends, forgiven, given time to live
And there we will live, without any doubt, and frolic
Living the perfect magic found in all the stories told


“Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,

For I would ride with you upon the wind,

Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,

And dance upon the mountains like a flame.”             

William Butler Yeat