Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Dust or Roses

Your love raised me from the dead
Gave me hope and dreams instead
Earth has a rhythm and it is perfect
Like songs as the motions intersect
Between blue skies and earth below
My heart, like a fire, eternally glows
It is your lips, and your fluid grace
You're in my arms, and sweet taste
You're certainly beautiful, I promise
Yes I surely know, I'm no Adonis
You inspire more than lust in me
What it is I can't say, an intrigue
A mystery wrapped up in the magic
When I see you, my heart does panic
Thoughts of you, will drive me mad
Forgive me please, I know I'm bad
But without you, I have only dust
And sorrow, the lust and mistrust
I am made of meat, with a spark
My soul was completely empty
And then you filled my heart
I've so much more than nothing
Than I'd have had, without the start
When you said that yes to me
This love affair has so burned
For nearly a third of a century

Dedicated to my wife Beth,
My heart's own love 
Married since June 11, 1988