Monday, May 2, 2022

A Thunder in my soul

Thunder in my soul, the moment I'm lost
Losing all control, abandoned to my flaws
But I know there is more than my mistakes
I am more than forsaken
And every death is replaced with new life
The eternal cycle, watch it grow
As each life becomes spent
All youth fades, we become old
The wage of life is death
But I am waiting to renew
I've reached the precipice
And leaping across
The chasm is filled with fear and awe
And in time the more I learn
Reveals how much more I don't know
No longer satisfied by stories told
Lift high my now dead life
The one lived without hope
And light the pyre
I long to know everything human
I will as my path is illumined
By the light of destiny's fire
Take my hand, don't be sad
Let's go, let's grow
Let's never turn back
The future has a taste
That offers hope
And nothing else
Come with me

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if
you were to live forever.”     Mahatma Gandhi