Wednesday, May 4, 2022

This suffering world

If we focus narrowly, upon our being
While we forget all others
How they suffer too much
We become immune to empathy
And we begin to refuse to trust
In time we'll bear a heavy burden
Not again to rise nor find purpose
If each heart is equal, deserving love
How can I hold back kindness
If we deserve a world fair
How do we let others fall
We can rise above
Hear me, we are family
Born to know each other
And I refuse to let you fail
I refuse to ignore your plight
I refuse to believe no one cares
Why should the wicked prosper
Why do the orphans not have enough
I surrender, oh I am broken
And I give in to exhaustion
Raise my hand and ask
I'm tired God, so tired
I need to move on
To the next phase of my life
Let my spirit ascend
Let my flesh turn to dust