Tuesday, August 16, 2022

I am the Cause

Results of every test will demonstrate the truth
I am the cause of the disease,  of time and aging
Confessing my sins, and watching my body fail
Grave cost, life demands the pound of my flesh
If I'm willing to change, my life will be a proof
Life is full of mysteries as I step behind the veil
Dying is a doorway, not end, I draw final breath
Final throes of pain, end of the passions of youth
Life, a confluence of events, hope for our future
We're born, live, then we die, only this is certain
May I enter the land of Elysium, the after world
I long to be freed from time, still every day turns
The end is coming, and it comes not for me alone
Witness the world burning, taking all of us home

“I grabbed a pile of dust, and holding it up, foolishly
asked for as many birthdays as the grains of dust, I
forgot to ask that they be years of youth. ”      Ovid