Thursday, August 11, 2022

Tragic Fool

I saw her there sitting in the park smiling
She was unaware of the others looking on
I couldn't say a thing, nor open my mouth
And I surely didn't want to appear a fool
I was moved by her innocence, her beauty
I was deeply lost in her allure
She looked straight into your eyes
She was awakening in me an interest
Raising hopes to the farthest horizon
But an attraction's voice can be a liar
Dreams unfulfilled are often cruel
Attraction is dangerous, untamed, wild
It does whatever it desires, and isn't pure
I tell myself, I don't need anything more
OK not need more, but that I want more
It comes from within and it'll haunt me
My mind is innocence, my heart idolatry
So now I have become my own demon
Tortured in such an infernal comedy
This drama is without a final act
And the curtain falls, unfinished
My heart owns this tragedy