Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Sacrificed

A soul still bleeding after his kiss
Shards of sorrow the epiphany
Your enormous suffering I missed 
An exquisite pain never leaves the flesh
I've tried to say no, tried my best to resist
Because I couldn't watch them kill you
I thought I understood the meaning of chivalry
But that was laid bare and false upon Calvary 
Far more clearly is the meaning of death
A couple nails through the feet, and ankles
You've been crucified, without a way out
With crying family and followers to wait
Removed from the cross
Crucifixion left your body slowly strangled
Body broken, many followers in doubt
I was brave but never your surrogate
I could never tempt such fate
While I do not deserve it
By your sacrifice I am redeemed
I have a clean slate
The debts are gone
My soul is free