Thursday, October 24, 2019

Falling but I stand


Some fools live even despite themselves.  Some saints are so averse to pleasure they despise living.  So many dark souls hunger to kill for the thrill.  Who will stand for the innocent, who will stop the darkness. Some shout What does it matter?  Why should we care if everything dies, Why  care if all hope shatters?  I say now, I care.  It is why I fight.

There inside the devil's lair, I heard the cry of the innocents, I heard them call to God on high. I had to act, defending them remained my task. My weapon, if nothing else, is a force of will.  There before me there was a body orchard, with bodies hanging like ripe fruit, many wearing death's mask. Few still lived, without rescue they'd all pass, by now so cold, so numb, the bodies blue.  

Gathering courage, I drove my steed into their midst, with abandon, for the margin of life or death was thin.  My lance cut the strap holding each to their tree, I cried victory with each soul saved, they were free.  But I had demons to fight, and bloody ichors covered me. Yet we escaped with our lives, and for that, we were thankful, grateful, and blessed.

I made my stand, freely offered up myself as a sacrifice.  Had I died, I'd have been satisfied, for giving all to the cause of the one.  But I survived. And then I did wait, until the play was over, and this magnificent the masquerade was done.   I am ready, let the curtains fall.  To the surface of the earth let the rebellious  angels crash, and burn. I am not an angel, but my savior paid my debts, perhaps I am the only one left.

Let me linger in his memory, for all I am, is due to him.   Let me be a witness to the new birth.  A new world beckons, foreseen by prophets, before us is a fresh path that only knows to care, with people who desire to know truth.  This generation may die, if so let it end quickly, quietly, but let us welcome the new human.  

In his or her new world they hunger, to know the one. The new human will desire to know what is right. They will long to know, and for  truth thirst.  I now let hope live in my heart, with all else that is good.  I have also been healed, so there are no scars of the past.   I will live to see the day, when finally, the innocents come first.

“It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we 
must do what is required.”  Winston S. Churchill