Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Not perfect

I tried to be all that life would let me be, without being what you wanted.  I'll never be what I wished to be, and that will leave me haunted.  I loved you, tried to make you proud, but you could never be, because I needed love, but cried too loud, even when tears were needed.

We were different spirits, never seeing eye to eye, still I'd come if you called. I wanted the best for you, but you wanted me to fall.  I wanted to live and be happy, like everyone else, you wanted that for yourself but didn't seem to want any happiness left.

I miss you, as any person who has lost a meaningful love.  But you never had inside enough, to share.  So am I saying life is so unfair?  You could have given me to another, had you really not wanted me, but you didn't, poisoning our time together.