Thursday, October 10, 2019

Crash

Smoke still rises from where I crashed
Angels take me from that burning place
I hear them all exalt the lord's miracles
But I'd not entered heaven, only sleep
Life passes in moments there in a flash
You long for home, but its been replaced
As the children sing their songs mythical
While you pass for the dead as you dream
So deeply dream
Long past the rising of the sun
Secrets there will never keep
For in the land of sleep
Everyone knows everything you've ever done
Linger in the perfumed land of leisure and silk
Or walk long in a pure white panorama
And you wonder what is the point
But you can't leave once you've begun
You've never died, but life is yet to be
I long for the taste 
But it will never be mine
So I sleep and dream until I can find 
Perfection and sympathy 
For the wounds caused by me