Saturday, January 23, 2021

Connected

Being cast from mother's womb
Into the dark deep cold of space
Connected by the umbilical cord
I'm the last survivor of my race
The spirals of wire and hose
Tangled my feet as I release
A craft struck us at midpoint
Leaving the hull breached
I'm falling from orbit
Covered in dust
The other craft as large as a beast
But it is an artifice
Far larger than our ship
Broken along the hull
The collision destroyed us
Causing major rips
The damage is fatal
As the atmosphere pours out
The rush of oxygen like wind
It is sucked out lightning fast
We'll be dead, no survivors
And I wait for the ultimate end
Soon I'll see the reactor's blast
I'll float off without rescue
Drifting in the dark expanse
No hope for life
No hope for anyone
No hope for reentry
In no time I will die
In a blink of your eye