Friday, January 8, 2021

Break it again, damn you! Just try

He cried, remembering and said
Before I knew what hit my heart
You said you "fucking loved me"
And we'd barely met
But I was barely alive
I was nearly dead
Living a different life
Than anything like you lived
Here you were
Daring me to live
I had a heart full of scars
I was blinded by the haze
Of the hate of one
Who decided I was unworthy
I had run out of everything
All I had to give
Life was hard, but you gave
And I didn't know to take
You wanted to be together
I didn't understand
The kind of love
You wanted to make
What is worth doing
How can I love
I'm just a man
Burned inside and covered totally
With tons of sad memories
Time I spent in life trying
So look me in the eye
Tell me you mean what you said
Because until this moment
I thought I was dead
And I don't know why
We should be together
Whatever you've said
I never say never
But forever doesn't exist
An idea I resist or so I try
When I see you
Your beautiful eyes
Full of life
Full of willing to try
I wonder
Why can't you just kill me
And let me die or let me fly
I'm ready, either way
I'm ready so ready
Ready to fly away