Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Shouting Hosanna

The truth calls, lightning strikes
And if the veil is gossamer thin
Our vision still cannot penetrate it
Not one of us can see the future
We have no clarity, no insight
Should we fear or find joy
If the future is murk or bright
We can't perceive the events
All confusion, shouts and din
Prophesy involves knowing
What cannot be known
To know the deeply unknown
Is to posses a sort of sight
Otherwise there is nothing
And we walk in darkness
Temptations lure, attention divides
We dwell outside of the light
In the future, my body will fail
As the fetid and ugly flesh decays
It will turn in its colors
From stunning pink to empty gray
My dreams, manic, pointless dramas
My brain dreams in false panoramas
Nothing left inside, I've no vision
I've been ignored, my hope is missing
As the world shakes in pain, it burns
Our bodies are broken, revel in shame
And yet I'm shouting Hosanna
For over my life I've learned
Time is measured in madness
We know the journey is brief
We live in an absurd world
We must find our way through the pain
In a life without a path
In a world where death beckons
For every life there is no return
So we walk the narrow lane
Ready for everything, that comes this way