Saturday, March 26, 2022

Scream into the Void

Edvard Munch channeled the madness
Packaging it with a perfect kind of fear
In realizations of our temporary existence
For we live in two realms, spirit and earth
The end comes, I'm left with grateful tears
Given a death sentence, the moment of birth
Passing from this place, the end transcends
We will experience nothingness or grace
 I watch as the world I leave behind gets worse
There is nothing in living but time and pain
I embrace passing, so finally I scream aloud
My utterings are allowed at the end of time
While some scream for fear, others anguish
Some with shame, others with great delight
Knowing the end will come, I will scream
I have lived, and now I know, I must die
There is no darkness, without light
The night's darkness is guaranteed to exist
But in Heaven's light, I'll live again