Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Saved for a purpose

A lifetime was spent dreaming of a different existence
I was tossed in the abyss, then fate watched me burn
I should have immediately given up hope and reason
But something in me burns like fire, and persistence
There is a hope beyond hope for the messiah's return
Despite my crude origins and being dealt with treason
Betrayal means nothing, if you have those you trust
The lifetime spent dreaming is meaningless
By having had hope that remains, lingers inside
And I still have that hope inside me, like wings
To lift me from the abyss and I was thrown a rope
Yes, all lives have meaning, all lives have worth
Saved for a reason, given grace, saved for a purpose
And still, however hot are the fires of the abyss
I will fight and survive, inside me is a resistance
I'll climb from the depths, to see the clear sky