Saturday, December 10, 2022

Shhhh

The asylum's walls are moving in, there's no shame
When that damned bottle is empty, despair remains
I'll not have that emptied liquor bottle's company
And trust me I surely know, I'll no longer be sane
Closing my eyes, a cold rain falls, in steady waves
As I remember her words, try to forget her name
All life has a rhythm, time ongoing, in perpetuity
My nightmares linger, I've no hope for dreams
I toss around in my bed, my mind refuses to sleep
My issues come from anxiety, I'm not a machine
I know I'll break and my secrets no longer keep
Despair has one whisper that everyone knows
When it whispers constantly, all fears grow

“I have hardly anything in common with
myself and should stand very quietly in
a corner, content that I can breathe.” 
                                              
                                             Franz Kafka