Sunday, December 18, 2022

Purpose

The myriad of reasons and menageries of viewpoints
This world can be seen through the prism of existence
I view the world as one where all may thrive, or hope
Reasons for our labors are endless, but have purpose
Stare into a reflection, the mirror that's been cracked
I refuse fate and beg destiny, and revel in my freewill
Life is not a logic problem nor born of simple chance
I prefer a life of worthiness, not one of circumstance
To live an open life, without having secrets to keep
I'd rather be crushed, hated for a truth of my being
Than to ever be loved for a false perception of me
And the false appreciation of my ability to dream
I live among my nightmares and I refuse to sleep

“Do not be afraid; our fate
Cannot be taken from us;
it is a gift" Dante Alighieri