Saturday, April 23, 2022

Hope is Hard to Find

Staring into the void, the fire burning my eyes
Waiting for the end and end of all my lies
Replacing my dreams with nightmares
Watching as my heart and soul tears
I'll walk from now to tomorrow
And then do it once again
I'll do it alone, with no friends
The void is deep, it channels endless
And in that vacuum of compassion
We haven't anyone to defend us
I can't see the end of the road
It is long, there's little hope
The violent pull of the void is strong
Hard to fight it, as my hope is gone
The road ahead is covered in fog
The path forward is unclear
Why do I bother, what does it matter
When everything I am dies, shatters
What can I do to not become broken
Why have I always been the last chosen
If I have reason, if I have hope
Even if it might be futile
I try to tell myself it is near
Dig into the depths of possibilities
And there we find the answer
There will be an end to this
Someday, not far from here
I'll have time to hope when I arrive
My beautiful love, please forgive me
It isn't that I don't care
I've little left
Faith without realization
Leads one to despair
I promise you I'll be ok
Someday
In the end